Monday, December 04, 2006

Thank Goodness for EFT!



Last night while cooking dinner I accidentally picked up a pot lid which had been in the oven - instant Burn!
Dropping the lid I raced to the tap and let the cold water run over my fingers. The pain was intense so I started tapping, no set up statement as all my attention was definitely focused on the pain. I could only do a short round of tapping ending at the top of my head as I couldn't tap on my burnt fingers. After about 4 rounds of tapping the intensity was down to about a 5, so I turned off the tap and the pain went back up to a 7. Now I started a full round including hand and gamut point and to my relief the pain went down to a 2. Then I used setup statements for "Even though my fingers are burning..." and "Even though I have this painful heat on my fingers..." and the pain went away altogether. This was great because I could sleep that night without taking pain killers or anything.
The next morning I tapped for "Even though this burn on my fingers feels sensitive to touch..." and "Even though I have these burns on my fingers..." and two hours later I can now touch them without any pain or sensitivity (I can type my blog) and the redness is almost gone.
Thank Goodness for Emotional Freedom Technique!

No comments: